Department along with regular teaching involves in research
area: Molecular Design and
Modeling Computational Biology for Macromolecular Structure
- Dr. Tridip Sheet (RA in BIF- DBT)
- Mr. Soumya Kanti Ghosh (RS, in association with Bhaskar Saha, NCCS, Pune)
- Mr. Divanshu Shukla (RS, in association with Bhaskar Saha, NCCS, Pune)
- Ms. Piya Patra (RS; in association with Dr. Jaydeb Chakraborty, S.N. Bose Institute)
- Mr. Tanmoy Jana (RS; in association with Dr. Sudipto Saha, BI)
- Mr. Subhankar Sahu (RS in SVRGA)
- Ms. Antara Sengupta (RS, in association with Pabitra Pal Choudhury, ISI, Kolkata)
- Ms. Indra Kundu (Trainee, under DBT-BIF)
Conformational analysis of short
designed peptide motifs using molecular spectroscopy and molecular
Molecular Design and Modeling of
biomimic-bioactive molecules using short peptide motifs with
predefined structure: an implication towards Drug design
Application of Mass Spectrometry (MSn
technique) for de novo sequencing and conformational aspects of
proteins and natural peptides.
Metal binding small molecules used as
Sponsored Research Project:
Title: Design of 'anion
recognition' short peptide motifs: an approach towards designing
'model scaffolds' for binding.
Funding agency: Department
of Biotechnology, Ministry of
Science and Technology, Govt. of India. Block -2 (6th-8th Floor),
CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi-110 003.
Thrust Area: Structural Biology,
Amount of grant: ~24 lakhs (2008-2011).
Extraction and characterization of
Quantum chemical calculations for
investigation of intermolecular interaction in small molecules,
Docking and Molecular dynamics (MD)
simulation studies for short peptides and proteins
Developing bioinformatics software
suite with a graphical interface.
Isolation and characterization of
Azotobacter melanin for studing probable interaction of its
monomers amongst themselves in the lipid environment
Quantum chemical calculations of
lipid molecules and melanin protomolecules, molecular dynamics
studies involving melanin monomers in the lipid.