Dr. Tapas Ghosh
About Dr. Tapas Ghosh
• Development of new synthetic methodology and drug design.
• Design, synthesis, characterization and application of Liquid Crystals.
• Carbon-carbon and Carbon-hetero atom bond formation, cascade reactions.
• Synthesis of natural products and bioactive compounds.
• Advanced Organic Photovoltaic materials.
• 2018(July) – Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Natural Sciences, MAKAUT, West Bengal.
• 2017(September) – 2018(July): Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Sree Chaitanya College, Habra, West Bengal.
• 2015(October) – 2017(September): Alexander von Humboldt Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Würzburg, Würzburg, Germany.
• 2014(December) – 2015(August): Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Medicinal Chemistry Laboratory, Kobe Pharmaceutical University, Kobe, Japan.
• 2014(June) – 2014(November): TÜBITAK Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Izmir Institute of Technology, Izmir, Turkey.
• Ph.D. / Synthetic Organic Chemistry, 2013, (Advisor – Professor K. C. Majumdar), Department of Chemistry, University of Kalyani, W.B., India.
• M.Sc. (Chemistry) (Organic Specialization), 2008, Department of Chemistry, University of Kalyani, W.B., India.
• B.Sc. (Chemistry) (Honours), 2006, Chakdaha College (University of Kalyani), W.B., India.
• 2015: Alexander von Humboldt Postdoctoral fellowship, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany.
• 2015: Marie-Skłodowska-Curie actions Postdoctoral fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2014). (Declined)
• 2015: BELSPO Postdoctoral fellowship, Belgium. (Declined)
• 2014: Postdoctoral fellowship by Kobe Pharmaceutical University, Japan.
• 2013: TÜBITAK Postdoctoral fellowship, Turkey.
• 2013: Research Associateship (RA), CSIR, New Delhi, India. (Declined)
• 2010: Senior Research fellowship (SRF), CSIR, New Delhi, India.
• 2008: Junior Research fellowship (JRF), CSIR, New Delhi, India.
1. Research Seed Money from MAKAUT, WB. (2019-2021)
2. Start-up Research Grant from DST-SERB (SERB-SRG), India. (2019-2021)
3. Start-up Research Grant from UGC (UGC-FRPS), India. (2019-2021)
Ph.D. positions are available for CSIR/UGC-NET qualified candidates with organic chemistry background. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV with a cover letter directly to the following email ID.
Publications: See at Google Scholar