About The Department
Department of Life Science has started its independent journey from 2022 and is regarded as a young department. It is catering the students of three disciplines, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, and Genetics.
Vision of the Department :
To emerge as a regional, national, and international center of excellence in the field of Life Science and allied areas through teaching, training, innovation, and research.
Mission of the Department :
- To discover, develop, and disseminate knowledge in various aspects of Life Sciences, focusing on emerging areas of Microbiology, Molecular Biology and Genetics through theoretical and practical knowledge acquired by training and hands-on experience.
- To advance the understanding of living organisms and their interactions with the environment through high-quality education and research with an emphasis on experiential learning and problem solving for building public understanding of the living world.
- To foster the human qualities and professional attributes for successful employment in industry, academia and in health sectors.
AdmissionEligibility criteria for the programmes:
Qualifying CET and B.Sc (Hons) in any subject of Life Science from a recognised University.
Candidates have to apply through CET examination
Faculty and Staff
|Dr. Rina Rani Ray (HoD)||Department of Life Science||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Bani Kumar Pathak||Department of Life Science||Assistant Professor (C)|
|Dr. Smarajit Das||Department of Life Science||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Suryyani Deb||Department of life Science||Assistant Professor (UGC)|
|Dr. Tufan Naiya||Department of Life Science||Assistant Professor|
- Research on Microbiology: Microbial bioremediation, Green synthesis of nanomaterial and their antimicrobial applications.
- Estimation of anti-biofilm activity of various natural compounds.
- Epigenetic study of sperm cell and its application.
- Research on Human Genetics and population genetics.
- Research on Clinical biotechnology
- Microbiology Research Lab
- Clinical Biotechnology Lab
- Computational Biology Lab
- Molecular Genetics Lab
- Cytogenetics Lab