About UsThe Department of Applied Science is housed under the School of Natural and Applied Science.
Vision of the Department:To strengthen the fundamentals of various branches of applied chemistry. To permeate and promote research in the contemporary modern innovative ideas in applied chemistry. To introduce need based research program in applied chemistry. To strengthen the computational skill for application in various discipline. .
The Mission of the Department:
- To align the students through active involvement in the teaching learning process of the University.
- To strengthen the computational skill for applications in applied chemistry discipline for the benefit of the society.
- To transform the fundamental ideas of applied chemistry to research through the laboratories and novel experiments.
Eligibility criteria - B. Sc. (H) Chemistry or relevant subjects
- How to Apply – Candidates shall have to apply online the which is made available at university website. The filled-in form should be submitted along with necessary documents and fee. You have to visit the website time to time to get the detail information regarding the admission process.
- Selection Procedure – CET qualified students will be intimated to take admission through ERP system.
Faculty and Staff
|Prof. Subhash Chandra Bhattacharya||Department of Applied Sciences||Professor (C)|
|Dr. Abhijit Dan||Department of Applied Sciences||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Arijit Bag||Department of Applied Sciences||Associate Professor (C)|
|Dr. Debashree Manna||Department of Applied Sciences||Assistant Professor (DST)|
|Dr. Jony Saha||Department of Applied Sciences||Assistant Professor (DST)|
|Dr. Krishnendu Maji||Department of Applied Sciences||Assistant Professor (C)|
|Dr. Tapash Ghosh (lien)||Department of Applied Sciences||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Totan Ghosh||Department of Applied Sciences||Associate Professor (C)|
ResearchThe department of Applied Chemistry, MAKAUT WB is highly motivated towards research in diverse fields. In the Course Curriculum also research is included as projects (Project-I to Project-IV). Thus, students of the M. Sc. in Applied Chemistry are benefited from this curriculum. There is a common practice that most of the brilliant students completed their Masters with one or two academic publication in the high impact journals. All faculty members are highly active in the research and academic publication. The average publication per year from this department is more than 15. A major contribution comes from Dr. A. Bag (average publication per year is 10). While Dr. D. Manna is capable of publishing in high impact journals like Nature Communication, JACS etc. With the joining of Dr. A. Dan, Dr. T Ghosh and Dr. K. Maji, it is expected that the average publication of this department per year will definitely exceed 30.
FacilitiesDepartmental laboratory facilities
1. Advanced Organic Chemistry Laboratory
2. Advanced Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory
3. Advanced Computational Laboratory
4. Advanced Physical Chemistry Laboratory
1.pH Meter 2. Conductivity Meter, 3. Polarimeter, 4. Potentiometer, 5.Hot Air Oven 6. UV Chamber, 7. Magnetic Stirrer, 8. Heating Mantle, 9. Water Bath, 10.Melting Point Apparatus, 11. Electronic Balance, 12. UV-VIS Spectrophotometer, 13. IR Spectrometer, 14. Rotary Evaporator
1. Chem Draw20.1, 2. Gaussian 16, 3. Quantum Exoresso
1. IIT Hydrabad
2. IISER Kolkata
3. Ashoka University
4. Jadvpur University
5. Kalyani University