About the DepartmentThe Department of Industrial Engineering and Management (IEM) started its academic activities for the Post Graduate Degree program in 2008. The department functions under the School of Engineering Science and Technology of MAKAUT, WB in the Main Campus at Haringhata, Nadia. It offers a two-year AICTE-approved M. Tech program in Industrial Engineering and Management with an intake capacity of 30 students along with a Doctoral program. The department possesses state-of-the-art laboratories such as Work System Design Laboratory, Simulation Laboratory, Quality Design &Control Laboratory and Design Thinking Laboratory. The experienced and competent faculty members and technical support staff of this department are relentlessly exerting themselves to provide with opportunities that will prepare students for professional practice. Please visit https://makautwb.ac.in/iem/ for more information.
Vision of the Department
To emerge as a world-class center of education for building competency in the field of Industrial Engineering and Management.
Mission of the Department
As a department, we are committed to
- Provide students with state-of-the-art technologies and principles to solve global challenges in Industrial engineering and management.
- Instill ability to apply cutting edge tools and techniques involving frontier engineering devices amongst students, for sustainable development in industrial engineering and allied sectors.
- Facilitate the students to choose career in academia, industry and entrepreneurship.
- Impart legal, ethical and environmental awareness to the students for the inclusive development of the society.
AdmissionAn AICTE-approved B.E./ B. Tech degree or appearing in the final year examination in any branch of Engineering / Technology with a valid GATE/ Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) score conducted by MAKAUT, WB. Candidates with valid GATE score are eligible for AICTE scholarship.
Faculty and Staff
|Dr. Sibamay Dasgupta||Department of Industrial Engineering & Management||Professor (C)|
|Dr. Manik Chandra Das||Department of Industrial Engineering & Management||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Sourav Das||Department of Industrial Engineering & Management||Associate Professor (C)|
|Dr. Ankita Ray||Department of Industrial Engineering & Management||Assistant Professor (C)|
|Dr. Bivash Mallick (HoD)||Department of Industrial Engineering & Management||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Parag Sen||Department of Industrial Engineering & Management||Assistant Professor|
ResearchThrust Areas of Research
- Productivity Analysis
- Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Quality Design and Control
- Product Design and Development
- Supply Chain Analysis and Inventory Planning
- Logistics and Transportation
- Optimization: Theory and Applications
- Sustainable Development
- Circular Economy
- Project Management
- Survey and Analytics
FacilitiesThe department boasts of state-of-the-art laboratory facilities in the domain of Work System Design, Simulation, Design Thinking and Quality Design & Control. Laboratories are equipped with modern measuring instruments and Software such as Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE DELMIA for Education, Arena Simulation Software, Autodesk Product Design Suite for Education, Primavera P6 Professional Project Management, NI LabVIEW, MATLAB, etc. Please visit https://makautwb.ac.in/iem/ for more information.