Vision of the Department:
To become a center of excellence and a leading global institutional unit in the field of pharmaceutical education and research by imparting transformative and cognitive education that creates new knowledge and produces environment-conscious, highly knowledge-based pharma professionals, educators, and inventors, mastering skills to serve the challenges of pharmaceutical industries, research, and health care system in our country, in particular, and worldwide as a whole.
Mission of the Department:
- To develop an atmosphere to support, encourage and nurture students by providing high-quality education for acquiring knowledge and mastering skills to build them to their fullest potential to become future leaders of pharma-professionals, educators, and inventors.
- To develop students with a strong foundation of knowledge of pharmaceutical sciences and technologies by additionally imparting cognizance in basic, clinical, and translational sciences with updated technologies.
- Fostering a solid collaboration with the Pharmaceutical Industry, National and International Institutes of repute, and Experienced Industry Veterans
- To equip the students with the skills and mindset to thrive and burgeon globally
- To nurture students to think about the national and global needs related to the pharmaceutical field and to find the solution by rigorous research
- To continuously upgrade facilities, infrastructure, and instrumentations to keep students constantly updated with the current global knowledge.
About the Department
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, MAKAUT, W.B. is a university department (in-house) of the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology), W.B. The Department conducts M. Pharm in Pharmaceutics and M. Pharm in Pharmacology, both with intake capacity of 15 students in each division. The journey of the department started in 2020. Our department trains the students not only through classroom sessions, but we also focus on professional grooming and application-oriented program training which can meet the demand of the personnel in Pharmaceutical Industries as well as in academia & CROs. Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, MAKAUT, W.B. is approved by Pharmacy Council of India (a statutory body governed by the provisions of the Pharmacy Act, 1948 passed by the Parliament), New Delhi.
The admission in both the programmes of M.Pharm in Pharmacology and Pharmaceutics is done through the Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET), conducted by MAKAUT, W.B.
Apart from common facilities provided by the university like Hostel for Girls and Boys, Playground, Auditorium, Separate Common rooms for girls and boys, library, Music Corner, Canteen, etc. Our department has
- Smart Classrooms with all modern facilities for the offline, online, and hybrid modes of learning.
- Research labs with modern equipment.
- Animal House.
- Computer rooms.
- Modern instruments as per the requirements of PCI.
- Digital pH Meter
- Biochemistry Analyser
- Flame Photometer
- High-speed Centrifuge (20000 RPM)
- UV Spectrophotometer
Instruments for Pharmaceutics
- Tablet Dissolution TestApparatus
- Tablet Disintegration Apparatus
- BOD incubator
- Homogeniser (REMI)
- Digital Balance
- High-Speed Centrifuge
- Vaccum Distillator
- Tincture Press
- Colony Counter
- Laminar Air Flow
Instruments for Pharmacology
- Binocular Microscope
- Digital Plethysmometer
- Pole climbing apparatus
- Metabolic cage
- Rotary microtome
Department of Pharmaceutical Science & Technology
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal
NH-12, Haringhata, Nadia, West Bengal, Pin - 741249