About the DepartmentVision of the Department :
To contribute something new in the field of study by exploring some new linguistic theories
and solving various real life linguistic issues thereby helping the university touch the zenith
of success through interdisciplinary research for the development of highly skilled
professionals with an awareness of the social, moral, and ethical principles, as well as the
capability to meet the new challenges posed by rapid technological advancements.
Mission of the Department :
- To impart quality education of highest standard through research on all aspects of linguistics and language use including language teaching, language and business, language policy, language and law, etc., and solve real life problems fostering University’s global recognition
- To make the students socially aware through the development of listening and comprehension skills, and enable them to contribute in Nation building through their honed speaking and writing skills
- To train the students through field study to go for various outreach programs and help in the development of the society .
- To engage them to work with a multidisciplinary approach and go for collaborative works thereby contributing in the field of language and technology, and promoting international relationships
- To enrich the students in the field of humanities and bring about their personality development through intellectual as well as ethical development, and enhance their creative mindset for innovative research works promoting sustainability
Faculty and Staff
|Purbali Sengupta Mitra||Department of Linguistics||Assistant professor (C)|
|Shaswata Sengupta||Department of Linguistics||Assistant professor (C)|
|Sushanta Kayal||Department of Linguistics||Assistant professor (C)|