About UsThe Department of Computer Science & Engineering, under the School of Engineering & Technology offers B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), MTech in Computer Science and Engineering and M.Tech. in Software Engineering. All the courses are approved by AICTE.
Vision of the Department:To be a frontier department in creating graduates to be skilled problem solvers, inquisitive researchers, entrepreneurs, responsible citizens and capable to cope up with any kind of challenge in industry and research areas..
The Mission of the Department:
- M1. To excel in teaching, training and research for developing world class professionals and knowledge generation in the field of Computer Science & Engineering and allied fields.
- M2. To inculcate innovative mindset and entrepreneurial activities, leadership development among the learning community.
- M3. To develop compassionate and sincere human resources for rendering services to the society.
- M4. To cater to the need of the industries by taking up the research consultancies and with the supply of skilled and competent professionals.
- M5. To foster networking and collaboration with premier academic, research institutes and industries.
PEOs of the B. Tech CSE
- PEO1: The graduate of CSE program will be prepared to gain personality coupled with technical and communication skill as required by industries..
- PEO2: The graduate of CSE program will act efficiently as individuals and team members in the industry with technical, managerial and leadership skills..
- PEO3: The graduate of CSE will also be able to take higher education and go for research programs.
Programme Outcomes (POs) of B. Tech CSE
- PO1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex problems engineering.
- PO2. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- PO11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
- PSO1: Professional Skills: The ability to understand, analyse and develop computer programs for efficient design of computer based systems of varying complexity.
- PSO2: Problem solving Skills: The ability to apply innovative practices and strategies in software projects development using recent state-of-the-art programming environments to deliver quality products.
- PSO3: Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Knowledge of social & environmental awareness along with ethical responsibility to achieve a successful career addresses the real world applications using optimal resources as an entrepreneur.
- B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
- MTech in in Computer Science and Engineering
- M.Tech in Software Engineering
AdmissionEligibility of Admission to B.Tech
- Merit Rank -candidates having Engineering ‘General Merit Rank’ (GMR) in WBJEE -2020
- Age - Candidate must be 17 years of age or above as on 31.12.2020.
- Educational Qualification -
Must have passed the Qualifying Examination i.e. the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application Technical Vocational Subject as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects as stated above in regular class mode.
Must have obtained at least 45% marks in the above three subjects taken together.
Must have passed English in the ‘10+2’ examination with at least 30% marks.
- Valid GATE(Graduate Apptitude Test) score card.
- Valid PGET(Post Graduate Entrance Test conducted by MAKAUT,WB) score card.
- B.Tech. marks.
Faculty and Staff
|Dr. Debashis De||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Professor|
|Dr. Sriyankar Acharyya||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Professor|
|Dr. Koushik Majumder||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Pradyut Sarkar||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Santanu Phadikar||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Suparna Biswas (Saha) (HoD)||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Amiya Karmakar||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Saikat Basu||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Sriparna Saha||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Sujoy Mistry||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Assistant Professor|
|Mihir Sing||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Assistant Professor|
|Rupali Patua||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Assistant Professor|
|Santanu Chatterjee||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Assistant Professor|
|Subhanjan Sarkar||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Assistant Professor|
|Shubhashis Sengupta||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Technical Assistant|
|Sumana Chakraborty||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||Technical Assistant|
|Swarup Pramanik||Department of Computer Science & Engineering|
|Bikas Pal||Department of Computer Science & Engineering|
Student MagazineStudent Magazine